10/20/10

#8 waking up with a stranger in your room

i'd like to make this one simple by telling you a quick story....

once upon a time i was peacefully sleeping in my little bed. daphne, my cat, was jumping around and being a nuisance, but i've learned to sleep through all of her biting, hissing, scratching and pouncing. all of the sudden i am woken up from a dead sleep. you know that eerie feeling when someone is watching you sleep? yep. that was the culprit. i sit up enough to see through slightly blurry vision, thanks to my contacts not being in, that there is someone standing in the doorway to my room. the person is large, creepy, male and a complete stranger. not good. daphne, for some odd reason has not tried to make a run for it and is sitting right by me with extra wide eyes. i'm sure i looked very tired and very confused. that's because i was. then mr. creepy says "now you just stay right there....." yes. those were his words. it wasn't bad enough that he's in my house, and in my room while i was asleep. he actually had the nerve to say that. at this point in my life i am wearing my little halloween boxers from jr high. they are the ones with little glow in the dark pumpkins and ghosts that i wear to bed and around the house every october, without fail, for a good ten years now. yes they still fit me. yes they are very loved. yes they should not be seen in public. i am also wearing this random shirt my sister got me in italy that was never meant to be matched with my beloved halloween boxers. my bangs are sticking out in all the wrong places. my usual "asian bun" is out of control. there is makeup smeared all over my face. i'm sure my breath was rancid. i have a few bandaids on my face serving the purpose of medicating some pimples while i sleep. and i am definitely bra-less. yet....in about 30 seconds flat i grab daphne, jump out of my bed and say "ummm....noooo! " and with a little excuse me make a run for it. don't worry i later found out that man was just measuring for new carpet. but still....AWKWARD.

2 comments:

  1. I am ROFLPMPIMDL-ing right now. That's text speak for Rolling On the Floor Laughing then Peeing My Pants, also I May Die of Laughter. People need to learn not to be creepers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible!!!!! I would have peeeeeeeeed my pants!!!

    ReplyDelete